A Vacation Rental Agency Like No Other
As a tech-driven hospitality brand, Savvy utilizes leading software tools and platforms to drive operational efficiencies within a hybrid work environment, both remotely and on the ground. Our company success is a function of our commitment to the following core values: Service, Stewardship, and Sustainability.
This business model affords a unique opportunity to blend the customer-centric approach of hospitality with the financial fortitude of real estate. Throw in the start-up environment of a growing tech company and you’ve got one wild ride: spontaneous, gritty, and challenging while simultaneously being fun, flexible, impactful. In other words, you can expect a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging day-to-day workflow.
As the company continues to evolve, we are actively seeking A players to join our collective effort in delivering unparalleled experiences to everyone we have the privilege of serving.
As the General Manager, you will work closely with our visionary founders as a director of operations. In this role, it will be essential for you to be the “glue” that integrates our people, processes, and priorities. Your effectiveness will be evidenced by delivering Home Comfort, Hotel Quality to each of our guests every stay, every day. To make this happen, you will need to be able to train our teams, develop and maintain day-to-day operations, be obsessed with organizational clarity, and ensure that our different departments and systems are all working together cohesively across the various markets in which we operate.
As the GM, we will look to you as the captain of our company ship, navigating treacherous waters, grooming the crew, seeking new lands, and playing a vital role in our ability to grow the fleet.
Primarily responsible for overseeing the remote and field teams to deliver an unparalleled guest experience.
- Have a holistic view of our operations and services; ensuring the organization is consistent “rowing” together in the same direction.
- Maximize staff engagement through relationship-building and clever incentive structures
- Integrate and drive the functions of the business and oversee day-to-day operations
- Filter and translate the leadership team’s ideas into operational plans for the company.
- Focus on and achieve established business and financial objectives.
- Hold the leadership team accountable for results aligned with our business goals.
- Explore new revenue streams in the hospitality industry, either ancillary or tangential to existing revenue streams.
- Attract, retain, and develop a high-performing team.
- Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors.
- Coach the team to update, utilize, discuss and celebrate the value of organization processes and SOP’s.
- Consistently demonstrate a dedication to our corporate values, strong focus on objectives, simplicity, and clarity across the organization.
- Identify areas of opportunity within the business for lower costs, greater efficiency, and higher satisfaction amongst all stakeholders.
- Mitigate company risks through industry and market awareness and long-term strategic planning.
We intend to expand throughout the US and beyond—including international territories—over the next few years which means you should be prepared to explore the unknown and grab the proverbial bull by the horns. At a bare minimum, you must be prepared to embrace our top three operational pillars: responsiveness, resourcefulness, and resiliency. In other words, this translates to living and breathing the company’s ethos as a part of your daily life.
- Understanding of and the ability to facilitate healthy organizational culture is required.
- Proven results as an Integrator, General Manager, HR Director, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President, or a similarly relevant role. This role is best fit for someone who considers him or herself a high-performing Operator.
- Experience building A player teams with an in-depth understanding of human resources, marketing, reservations, guest services, housekeeping, maintenance, and owner/investor relations.
- Familiarity and personal or professional experience within the hospitality and real estate management and sales industries will be of value.
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from strategizing to implementation and translating into tangible results.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics is required.
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success in holding people accountable are required.
- Ability to problem solve with the consideration of all stakeholders and confidently make high-risk decisions.
- Varied experiences and responsibilities in Operations, Finance, and Human Resources are strongly preferred.
- Direct experience in hotels or similar hospitality venues is strongly preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Annual Salary: $70,000 – $100,000
Bonus Details: 10-15% of annual gross pay earning potential based on the attainment of company and individual goals.
As a Reservations Specialist at Savvy, you will operate in a dual role. Your first role will be serving as a key player on our Savvy Support team which ensures that all of our guests have a seamless vacation experience. This role consists primarily of fielding guest communications within a 10-minute response-time and coordinating reservations as needed to deliver a smooth check-in and checkout process. When done successfully, every guest at every home can rest assured knowing they have someone they can count on to handle any obstacles they encounter during their stay.
Your secondary role is to support our operations team in handling any time-sensitive matters with respect to property integrity including same-day purchases, contractor management, and various maintenance items. Your responsibility is not necessarily to solve these issues but to make sure that the right *information* gets communicated to the right *people* at the right *time*. This is imperative to an effective operation on the ground.
These two roles combined are an integral part of Savvy’s guest experience as you become the fulcrum for balancing the front of house and back of house departments. This role may be a good fit for you if you consider yourself to be curious, if you love to get hands on, and if you are enthusiastic about guest interaction and making sure people feel that they are taken care of.
This is primarily a remote role with the opportunity to transgress into a hybrid role depending on your location.
- Assist with lodging reservations and requests at all Savvy property locations, including email quotes, phone sales, follow-up, chats, texts, and inquiries from travel and wholesale agents.
- Assessing guests’ needs, problem-solving, booking new reservations, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrating a passion for creating memorable vacations in exceptional mountain homes with phenomenal customer service.
- Focus on achieving sales targets for reservations, guest activities, and booking performance
- Performing administrative duties by accurately documenting all guest communications and any other administrative tasks as assigned by the management.
- Willingness and demonstrated flexibility to adjust as new systems are implemented.
- Communicate and coordinate compliance processes and materials including but not limited to submitted paperwork, filling out online forms, and paying respective governmental authorities.
- Must be able to commit to one 8-hour shift per day for communications coverage including select weekends and holidays (time off is provided upon request)
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- 2 or more years of customer service or sales work experience, or an equivalent combination of both.
- Computer literate with proficiency in various productivity tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite products, Slack, Asana, Trello, Notion, or other relevant applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously or with a team.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Compensation & Benefits
Annual Salary: $36,000 – $48,000
Bonus opportunities include:
- Creation of helpful resources such as training articles, SOPs, or other materials for the company’s knowledge base
- Sourcing and converting direct bookings that we wouldn’t have otherwise booked
- Facilitating new owner leads for the growth of our management portfolio
- Flexible schedule and variable hours (work when you want)
- Remote with chance to become hybrid (work where you want)
- Opportunity to travel (get paid to explore new places)
- Professional development stipend (get paid to learn)
Don’t see a position that’s the right fit for you, but still want to work a flexible schedule and contribute in meaningful ways
while earning a decent income? Send us your resume with a proposal on what your ideal position would look like
and we’ll see if we can work something out. We’re always looking for talented, enthusiastic people to join our growing team!