Welcome to the Butterfly House in Joshua Tree, CA—an inspiring desert haven where tranquility and adventure coexist. This modern, elegantly-designed retreat offers peaceful seclusion with uncompromising access to local tourist spots, including the stunning landscapes of Joshua Tree National Park. With a legacy rooted in care and creativity, it's an ideal escape for couples, nature lovers, and remote workers alike.
Originally owned by community leaders in service, medicine, and healing professions, this extraordinary purpose-built home is steeped in a legacy of compassion and creativity. The Butterfly House carries on a grand legacy, offering a respite from the hustle and bustle of daily life, and a unique setting to breathe, relax, and reconnect—both with yourself and with the infinite nature that surrounds you while you’re here.
The home sits just over a mile from the breathtaking panoramas of Joshua Tree National Park and a mere five-minute drive from the lively local town and farmer’s market. Its location perfectly balances serene seclusion and easy accessibility to the city’s best tourist spots, including unique desert tours, art installations, and immersive experiences.
Inside, the Butterfly House dazzles with its modern, contemporary design and chic, upscale amenities. A blend of minimalism and warmth offers an elegant style that will make you feel right at home. The space is expansive and bathed in natural light, with ample room to ride the wave of inspiration when it inevitably washes over you. Also featured is a thoughtfully curated collection of games, puzzles, reflective card decks, and a modest library, perfect for igniting your creativity or simply enjoying a peaceful evening under the starry night sky.
The full kitchen invites you to cook a memorable meal while a record spins in the background. Peruse a book of poetry or philosophy, or gaze at the sunlight filtering through stained glass windows - the Butterfly House is a destination designed to nourish your senses and your soul.
As the sun sets, unwind under the velvety midnight stars in our private outdoor space, accompanied by the gentle, calming whisper of the desert wind—a perfect backdrop for introspection or intimate conversations.
The Butterfly House is ideal for couples, nature lovers, friend groups, creatives, and other remote workers who are seeking a visually-stunning setting to inspire their next grand adventure in the desert. This home isn’t merely a property; it's a place where you can truly be present, where work meets play, and where nature's beauty is your muse.
Book today and experience the Butterfly House to elevate your Joshua Tree journey and live an unforgettable story, even if it’s only for a weekend ;)
1. Pets : We welcome potty-trained, well-behaved pets for a flat rate of ***$150*** per pet per stay. If you are booking on Airbnb, only the 1st pet will be included in your booking total so if you are bringing more than 1 pet, the additional fee will be collected separately after booking your reservation. We have specific policies that we will ask each guest agree to.
2. Renter's Agreement - Renter must sign an agreement before arrival. Every renter must sign this agreement before getting the arrival instructions and door code.
3. Security Deposit : A $100 Security Deposit is required for all bookings. Security deposits are collected separately by the property host (not by AirBnB).
4. Guest Count - The guest count on your reservation MUST be accurate. Pricing does change with the number of guests because our turnover costs are variable.
5. Cancellation Policy - We adhere strictly to the cancellation terms listed. To protect your purchase, we provide you with an option to buy trip insurance, including a "Cancel for Any Reason" policy. (terms apply; more details provided after your booking is confirmed)
6. ID Collection : there may be instances where we are required to collect your ID whether it be from a local government, HOA or other reasons.
7. The property is suitable for children under supervision. It has not been child-proofed.
8. Music, talking, singing, dogs, kids or anything else that may create noise, cannot be heard beyond the property line. We have neighbors all around us and we all do our part to be good neighbors. Please be considerate of noise and our neighbors.
9. No smoking or vaping indoors under any circumstances.
10. 12.5% Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is required for each reservation (subject to changes). This is (typically) included in your initial booking payment. If for some reason it's not, we'll request it separately and payment will be due before arrival.
11. Utility Costs : for rentals of 28 days or longer, utility deposit may be required. Inquire for more details if you are booking a 28+ day reservation.
12. Security Cameras : there are multiple cameras in the front of the house pointing at the driveway and front door.